The PCDSI believes that fuel efficiency, reduction of GHG emissions and safety are mutually beneficial and linked concepts. Furthermore we believe that this approach has considerable potential for changing driving behaviour, creating more energy conscious drivers. The ecoHAT driver improvement course will combine the HAT concepts that lead to driver safety improvement and the approach to fuel efficient driving.
What is Eco Hazard Avoidance Tactics Driving?
ecoHAT is a system of traffic risk management that minimizes fuel consumption, conflict and environmental impact through positive vehicle control, systematic traffic analysis and a pro-active tactical approach.
Benefits of ecoHAT
• Practical tactics to reduce your risk on the road, reduce fuel consumption, while saving the environment and your money
• Recognition of the impact of driving style on safety, vehicle emissions and operating costs
• Recognition that safer driving benefits the environment and reduces costs
• Collision/Crash Prevention
• Stress Reduction/Coping with Traffic
• Smooth Travel/Prevention of Delays
• Modifying your driving style, upgrading your driving skills & conducting regular vehicle maintenance
YOU can make a difference!
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.